We are having our 10th Annual TogTober, a 4-day tournament that will commence on October 19th, and run until October 22nd at 3 PM. The heaviest blackfish will win a cash prize, and the second heaviest blackfish wins a rod...
TogTober 2023 is HERE!
We are having our 10th Annual TogTober, a 4-day tournament that will commence on October 19th, and run until October 22nd at 3 PM. The heaviest blackfish will win a cash prize, and the second heaviest blackfish wins a rod and reel combo.
We will also be hosting several calcuttas for Blackfish, Seabass, Porgies, and, new for this year, ALBIES! Each calcutta winner will be the angler with the heaviest fish FOR THAT CALCUTTA. Additionally, if the angler is in BOTH the Blackfish calcutta and the main tournament, their fish will be eligible for both prizes. The calcutta winner will take home a cash prize based on the number of sign-ups for that calcutta.
In honor of our 10th TogTober, we’ve partnered with Save the Sound and will be donating 10% of all entry fees and 10% off all raffle sales! Save the Sound leads environmental action by fighting climate change, saving endangered lands, protecting the Sound and its rivers, and working with nature to restore ecosystems. They work in many ways, from legislative advocacy and legal action to engineering, environmental monitoring, and hands-on volunteer efforts. They restore and protect all that impacts the Long Island Sound region’s environment, from rivers and shorelines to wetlands and forests, from the air we breathe to the waters of the Sound itself. For over 50 years they have been ensuring people and wildlife can enjoy the healthy, clean, and thriving environment they deserve—today and for generations to come.
This is a 4 day open tournament with a $50 entry fee per angler (before taxes/fees). Each calcutta costs an additional $20 (before taxes/fees). The first 50 sign-ups will receive a BHO captain's bag full of awesome gifts courtesy of our amazing sponsors! Following the conclusion of the tournament at 3:00 PM on Sunday, we will be having a barbeque and raffle for all tournament anglers with beer provided by Coastline Brewing Company and cigars provided by Bongo Ron’s Cigar Lounge! Any additional guests that would like to attend the afterparty will need to be signed up prior to the start of the tournament for an additional $10/guest (before taxes/fees). This ONLY applies for additional guests; all anglers are automatically admitted to the afterparty.
- Weigh-Ins conclude at 3 PM SHARP on October 22nd. Any fish weighed in after 3 PM will not be counted.
- ALL WEIGH-INS MUST BE DONE AT OUR WESTBROOK LOCATION. No outside weigh-ins are allowed.
- If an angler is in BOTH the Blackfish calcutta and the main tournament, their fish will be eligible for both prizes
- All entries for the tournament must be completed 24 hours prior October 19th at 9:00 AM (October 18th by 9:00 AM). No sign-ups will be accepted after this time nor will modifications be allowed for pre-existing sign-ups.
- There are no limits on the location a fish may be caught as long as the angler abides by all appropriate state and federal regulations for the region they are fishing.
- Anglers must be in the main tournament in order to be eligible to sign up for the calcuttas.
- Tournament Dates: October 19th 2023 - October 22nd 2023 at 3 PM
- Tournament Sign-Up Cutoff: October 18th at 9:00 AM
- Tournament Price: $50/angler (before taxes/fees)
- Calcutta Prices:
- Blackfish: + $20/angler (before taxes/fees)
- Seabass: + $20/angler (before taxes/fees)
- Porgy: + $20/angler (before taxes/fees)
- Albie: + $20/angler (before taxes/fees)
- Tournament standings and important information will be texted and emailed to all participants once per day.
- Includes raffle with raffle tickets available for purchase at the afterparty
- $10 per ADDITIONAL guest (before taxes/fees, excluding the angler)
- All additional guests must be signed up prior to tournament sign-up cutoff
- Beer will be provided by Coastline Brewing Company and cigars will be provided by Bongo Ron’s Cigar Lounge.
- Main Tournament:
- First Place: Cash prize based on number of tournament entries
- Second Place: Rod and reel combo
- Blackfish: Cash prize based on number of tournament entries
- Seabass: Cash prize based on number of tournament entries
- Porgy: Cash prize based on number of tournament entries
- Albie: Cash prize based on number of tournament entries
Below are the times that our scale is available for tournament weigh-ins:
|10/19/22 - Thursday||Anytime between 9 am and 5 pm|
|10/20/22 - Friday||Anytime between 9 am and 5 pm|
|10/21/22 - Saturday||Anytime between 7 am and 5 pm|
|10/22/22 - Sunday||Anytime between 7 am and 3 pm|
HUGE SAVINGS on our entire fleet of KAYAKS and PADDLEBOARDS! HURRY in for the best selection during our end-of-season blowout sale! Starting 08/25/2023, Black Hall Outfitters in Old Lyme and Westbrook will be hosting our end of season blowout sale...
Join us for an exhilarating day of adventure on the water as we proudly present the highly anticipated Old Town Sportsman ePDL at Black Hall Outfitters in Westbrook, CT. Be among the first in New England to experience the groundbreaking...