The Dexter Sani-Safe oyster knife is ideal for shucking medium and large eastern oysters. It has a long, wide blade, making it ideal for commercial applications. The blade is flat and slightly convex to aid in unhinging shells and removing the meat. A durable, stain-resistant high-carbon steel called DEXSTEEL is used to make the blade, which is strong enough to hold a sharp edge for a long time. The easy-to-clean polypropylene handle is textured to create a safe, slip-resistant grip. The pear shape of the handle has a forward bulge to provide a thumb rest to help stabilize the knife. Behind the forward bulge, the handle narrows, providing a place for the user’s other fingers. For comfort, the palm of the hand rests on the rear bulge of the Dexter Sani-Safe oyster knife’s handle. A seal between the blade and handle eliminates a crevice that can capture food particles and harbor bacterial growth.
- Galveston-design knife is ideal for shucking medium and large eastern oysters
- Long, wide blade is strong for commercial applications
- Blade is flat and slightly convex to aid in unhinging the oyster
- Tip narrows to a rounded point
- DEXSTEEL high-carbon blade is durable and resists staining
- Blade-to-handle seal eliminates a bacterial harbor